Dior Ugly Sneakers 2014
Christian Dior S/S 14 atrocity

Couture is the fairytale of fashion.

We all fantasise about the hand embroidered, silk and Italian lace works of art gowns that we see on the red carpet. Us fashionistas spend countless amounts of money on magazines to see what the great designers have up their sleeves. Couture tells a story, a complex & intricate, beautiful story.


Yet every now & then, instead of the vision we expect, we get an atrocity they couldn't even pay us to wear. Not even in our dreams. Roll in the S/S shoes of 2014.

Say What? -_-

Here (and above) is Dior's attempt to turn us into fish looking creatures. The one on the right also looks like a third grader's "Mother's Day" project made during creative art class. Bet mummy will love those! Hmm..


Can you believe these were worn with haute couture gowns? *gasp.


Dior Ugly Snearkers 2014Dior Ugly Sneakers 2014



Next we have Chanel's sneakers
Now you should know I'm all for sneakers. Unless I am in my 5 inch heels, which rarely happens during the day, I am in my wedge sneakers; One of the best inventions of the 21st century.

Im just not sure about these though. 
The first two are alright, the rest are just too childish to me. I'm all for sparkles, but there are ways to do sparkles in a non 'Kelly's 2nd birthday' type ways. 

I think the fact that these were worn with Couture gowns is what really kills it for me. I think with a killer sportswear range it would have been awesome. Alas.. 

Chanel Sneakers 2014Chanel Sneakers 2014

Chanel Sneakers 2014Chanel sparkly black Sneakers 2014


And finally, saving the best for last of course. These aren't sneakers but had to be included in this list. 

I dare you to show up at Ocean Club or Nikki Beach rocking these Schiaparelli, um, flip flops? 
Yea, I didn't think so. Unless your name is Jane of course.

Schiaparelli tarzan flip flops 2014
Tarzan! Wait up! Im coming!

And these Jean Paul Gaultiers ?!?!
Although this is burlesque-y and creative, most people's feet are not something you want to display in this manner. Even model's feet. 
To be honest the first thing I thought of when I saw these is Kim K's squished feet while she was pregnant. I am attaching for dramatic purposes -(what these shoes would look like on someone with un-skinny feet).

You've been warned : Do not wear whilst pregnant.

Jean Paul Gaultier Ugly shoes 2014Jean Paul Gaultier Ugly shoes 2014


Kim K squished feetKim K squished feet


I'll end with the acknowledgment that I am quite particular in what I like or dislike, or rather love and hate, in fashion & style. Fashion is (or should be) a very individual thing & these are only my opinions. If you don't know who I am yet, click here. ;)

In memory of beautiful shoes. 

Tasha xxx



0 comments:

Post a Comment